What To Expect From This Tour
This is a fun, driven food excursion out of Port-of-Spain and into some of the rural areas which were once parts of huge sugar cane estates. You will be stopping at small family run food businesses, including one in a family’s front yard, to have some of the tastiest bites. You become very immersed in these communities as you munch your way through them. A popular stop on the tour is at the very spiritual Hindu Temple in the sea, where you will also hear its fascinating story!
What You’ll Be Enjoying
Chicken Samosas: A taste of our Indian heritage in these crispy little bites.
Accra: A little of our Portuguese ancestry is tasted in this salted fish fritter.
Pholourie: This is a very popular snack that’s in the form of little balls made with ground split peas and served with a chutney.
Aloo Pie: A fritter stuffed with spicy potato.
Hindu Temple In The Sea - Enjoy the beauty, serenity and the fascinating story about this temple literally built out in the sea.
Sweet Pastry: A taste of the English influence with pastry with sweet fruit filling.
Coconut Water: Opened with a very sharp machete with a few chops. A refeshing end to your tour.
💲 US$ 79.00 - 1 Traveller / 👨👩👧👦 2 - 6 Persons - US$ 59.00 each (Adults) / US$ 49.00 each (Kids)
🔖 Tours are fully refundable up to 24 hours before start time
📍 Complimentary pick up and drop off at Port-of-Spain based hotels or AirBnB
🚐 Transfers to all food stops in comfy mini-van.
🍱 5 Food stops (all food included)
💦 Complimentary Bottled water
🕑 2:00 pm Tuesday to Thursday
⏳ Duration: about 3 hours
We CAN provide substitutions for vegetarians, non-beef or pork eaters, pescatarians, and seafood allergies on this tour. We CANNOT accommodate Vegans and gluten free diets.
Required substitutions must be indicated in advance at time of ticket purchase.
Book Here! 👇
1. Click your preferred tour date (available dates are in green).
2. Choose your preferred pickup time (if applicable).
3. Indicate the number of adults / children on the tour by using the drop down boxes.
4. Select your pickup option: choose either one of the listed hotels or, if you're staying at a Port-of-Spain based AirBnB, click the drop down box and choose; "I will write down the address".
5. Click "Book" and you will be taken to the payment page. Please read the instructions carefully when making the payment for your tour. At this time we only accept payments via PayPal.